Your spine is the backbone of your body, and it is vital to keep it healthy and free from injury. A spinal injury can have a major impact on your life, so it is vital to see a chiropractor if you are experiencing any pain or discomfort.
We are trained to treat injuries to the spine and can help you get back to living your life pain-free. If you are looking for a chiropractor in the Sacramento, CA, area, be sure to check out The Healing Touch Chiropractic. Here is the importance of spinal health and wellness.
Your Spinal Makeup
Your spine is made up of bones and supported by muscles, and ligaments. The spine supports your body’s weight. The spinal cord runs through the spine and is protected by the vertebrae. The spinal cord is designed to carry messages from the brain to the rest of the body.
The spine is a very strong and stable structure but is also susceptible to injury. An injury can occur from a fall, a car accident, or even lifting something heavy. If you have an injured spine, it can be important to seek treatment.
Common Spine Injuries
There are many different types of injuries the spine can sustain, but some of the most common include:
- Herniated disc: This occurs when the soft tissue between the vertebrae is damaged.
- Spinal cord injury: This can occur if the spinal cord is stretched, compressed, or severed.
- Fractured vertebrae: This can occur from a fall or car accident.
- Spinal stenosis: This is a narrowing of the spinal canal.
Symptoms of Spinal Injuries
The symptoms depend on the type and severity of the injury. Some of the common ones include:
- Pain: You may experience pain in your back, neck, or head.
- Numbness or tingling: You may feel numbness or tingling in your arms or legs.
- Weakness: You may feel weak or have difficulty moving your arms or legs.
- Loss of bowel or bladder control: This is a serious symptom, and you should seek medical attention right away if you experience this.
There are many different chiropractic techniques that can be used to treat injuries. Some of the most common techniques include:
- Spinal manipulation: This is a gentle technique that is used to realign the spine.
- Stretching: Stretching can help to lengthen the muscles and reduce stiffness.
- Lifestyle advice: Lifestyle changes can be recommended to prevent further injury and to help the injury heal without interruption.
Visit Us for More Information
Spinal health and wellness are important for overall health. An injury can be very painful and have a major impact on your life. If you are experiencing any pain or symptoms, it can be important to seek treatment from a qualified chiropractor.
At The Healing Touch Chiropractic, we can treat spinal injuries. We offer a variety of techniques that can help to relieve pain and improve function. Call us at (916) 447-3344 to schedule an appointment or come to our clinic in Sacramento, CA